Will we receive a joBerg2c bag?
- YES! You will receive a numbered bag to be used during the event – this is the only bag you will be allowed to take with you
- The size of this bag is 100cm (L) x 36cm (H) x 39 (W); perfect for all your kit
- Please ensure your pillow and sleeping bag are inside your bag with your kit – we won’t transport loose items
How do I charge my cell phone and our GPS units?
You will be given an Amped power bank to charge your devises with. You will need to bring your own compatible cables.
Do I need cash?
- You will need cash (South African Rands only) for drinks and any snacks bought from the school tuck shop
- Most of the race villages are located in towns but not necessarily close to an ATM – so it is advisable to sort this out before the start of the event
- You are also required to carry your Credit Card with you at all times (in case of hospitalisation)
- We will also have a j2c clothing shop where you can purchase t-shirts and hoodies. We will offer Snapscan at the shop.
How are bags transported to the next race village each day?
Avis Van Rental will take care of this – their fleet of 8-ton trucks will ensure bags arrive before you do.
Will my bike bag or box be transported from Johannesburg and Karan Beef to the finish in Scottburgh?
- Yes, you can hand in your empty bike bag/box at registration or at the start (Karan Beef)
- Avis Van Rental will transport these to the finish in Scottburgh and store them safely until you arrive on Saturday
- Ensure there are no valuables in the bags that go to Scottburgh.
Where are the bikes stored over night in the race villages?
- Bikes are stored in a secure, designated bike area in the race village
- You should bring your own bike lock as a back-up.
What camping gear is provided and what do I need to bring?
- A two-man tent is provided per team (or two riders). If riding solo then you will have the whole tent to yourself!
- We also provide a comfy thick mattress per rider
- What you need to bring is a small pillow, a single sheet and a warm sleeping bag.
What does the daily schedule look like?
- Breakfast is served from 5:30am until 7:30am. Except for Day 5 which is 5am due to early start
- The race starts each day at 7am, except for Day 1 which starts at 8am, and Day 5 which starts at 6:30
- Lunch is served from 11:30pm – 4pm
- Dinner is served from 6pm – 8pm
What sort of food do the water points stock?
Worried that you might go hungry? Don’t be!
Typically the following can be found (some are more generous than others):
- Bananas or another type of fruit
- Boereworse / sausage
- Boiled eggs
- Cake / doughnuts
- Sweets and chocolates
- Coke and water and Powerade (or similar)
From a nutrition point of view you may want to supplement with your own energy drink and bars. Some of the mechanics on route stock these types of products. Alternatively, you can pop over to the Dischem Pharmacy at Rosebank Mall on registration day. They stock every brand under the sun. Look here.