Will we receive a joBerg2c bag?
- YES! You will receive a numbered bag to be used during the event – this is the only bag you will be allowed to take with you
- The size of this bag is 100cm (L) x 36cm (H) x 39 (W); perfect for all your kit
- Please ensure your pillow and sleeping bag are inside your bag with your kit – we won’t transport loose items
How do I charge my cell phone and our GPS units?
We will have a charging solution at each race village.
How are bags transported to the next race village each day?
Avis Van Rental will take care of this – their fleet of 8-ton trucks will ensure bags arrive before you do.
Will my bike bag or box be transported from Johannesburg and Karan Beef to the finish in Scottburgh?
- Yes, you can hand in your empty bike bag/box at registration or at the start (Karan Beef)
- Avis Van Rental will transport these to the finish in Scottburgh and store them safely until you arrive on Saturday
- Ensure there are no valuables in the bags that go to Scottburgh.
Where are the bikes stored over night in the race villages?
- Bikes are stored in a secure, designated bike area in the race village
- You should bring your own bike lock as a back-up
What camping gear is provided and what do I need to bring?
- A two-man tent is provided per team (or two riders). If riding solo then you will have the whole tent to yourself!
- We also provide a comfy thick mattress per rider
- What you need to bring is a small pillow and a warm sleeping bag.
What does the daily schedule look like?
- Breakfast is served from 5:30am until 7:30am. Except for Day 5 which is 5am due to early start
- The race starts each day at 7am, except for Day 1 which starts at 8am, and Day 5 which starts at 6:30
- Lunch is served from 11:30pm – 4pm
- Dinner is served from 6pm – 8pm
What sort of food do the water points stock?
Worried that you might go hungry? Don’t be!
Typically the following can be found (some are more generous than others):
- Bananas or another type of fruit
- Boereworse / sausage
- Boiled eggs
- Cake / doughnuts
- Sweets and chocolates
- Coke and water and Powerade (or similar)
From a nutrition point of view you may want to supplement with your own energy drink and bars. Some of the mechanics on route stock these types of products. Alternatively, you can pop over to the Dischem Pharmacy at Rosebank Mall on registration day. They stock every brand under the sun. Look here.