THE OLD MUTUAL joBerg2c CUT-OFF POLICY
We want you to finish and have a great ride, however we do have a cut-off policy to make sure the event is safe and riders are not out after dark. Our medical crew need to be in before dark too.
- Each day you will need to make it to a Water Point before a cut-off time
- If you aren’t at a Water Point in time, you won’t be allowed to carry on for that day and our sweep vehicle will bring you in
- If you make the cut-off, you’ll need to be at the race village by 5pm
- Both Water Points and the finish line will act as cut-off points
| Last water point
For those who have put effort in and trained, beating the cut-off will be easy. Proper Wappo would make these cut-offs so there should be no need to worry at all if you have put in some effort. Some important notes:
- If you miss the cut-off twice, you will not be allowed to continue the race and will need to come back another time when you are fitter and slightly faster. This seems harsh but it is not. We cannot jeopardise our safety standards for one or two riders.
- If you miss a day due to illness and you organise your own lift to the next village. You will only be allowed to miss one day. Fortunately, only riders that finish the full 9 days will get the finishers T-shirt and medal.
- The Old Mutual joBerg2c is not a tour, it is a tough but rewarding ride. We need to create honour in riding the full journey within fair limits.