This is just a reminder of what you are required to agree to upon entering The Old Mutual joBerg2c:
- The Old Mutual joBerg2c is a gruelling but uplifting mountain bike stage ride that requires mountain biking skill and proper fitness to enjoy the experience.
- Normal road rules apply even when riding on rural farm roads.
- I will carry my own lube and own basic spares, be reasonably proficient mechanically to change tyres, plug tubeless holes, fix broken chains, and unpack and pack my bike out the box.
- I will run tubeless tyres and slime for my own enjoyment.
- The event has a fully equipped emergency medical support team, however I will bring my own basic medicines. joBerg2c is not a pharmacy. Please bring the basic tummy tablets, headache tablets or any other legal tablets you may find necessary.
- I will carry credit card at all times for emergency hospital procedures.
- I must have suitable medical insurance to cover all emergencies for the duration of the event.
- I understand that the nature of this event requires an element of character which means I may have to carry my own bag to my tent where help is not provided.
- I understand that farmers are opening their lands to us and that they are doing this as a privilege not a right.
- I understand that if I insult any farmer, crew, marshal or any other rider I will be asked to leave the event immediately.
- I understand that if I drop a gel packet or any other litter I will face immediate disqualification from the event.
- I agree to the reasonable daily cut-off times and should I not make the very reasonable cut-offs more than twice I will agree to withdraw from the event and return at another time when I am fitter.
- If I breakdown or quit between Water Points I will not expect a lift. I will make my way to the next Water Point where I will wait for a lift. I will make a donation to the farmer who lifts me to finish.
- I understand that The Old Mutual joBerg2c will be a GPS event, which means I will need a GPS device capable of tracking routes, and that there will be no traditional marking. Click here for more information.
- This is a mountain bike stage race over 900km. It is not a tour. I will be fit enough and skilled enough to complete the journey.