SUMMER TRAINING RIDES
We’re excited to be bringing you kilometres of training trail and litres of beer around the country with our friends at Avis Van Rental and Isuzu
We have three monster climbs that are unusually steep, that many riders walk up. We have long gravel road sections that many riders go too slow on and we have awesome single track that many riders brake on. Our aim is to help you get fitter, a little faster and a little more skilled for fun. No other reason.
So, how do you prepare for climbing a hill like Gumtree? You find an impossible hill in your area that can’t normally get up and then you try and try… until you can.
The moral of the story is your need to train to enjoy joBerg2c.
Over the next few months, we will have some fun trying to inspire you to ride Iconic and Gumtree without putting a foot down.
joBerg2c training ride dates
Some training rides with the organisers to keep in mind:
- Surgeons for Little Lives – Festive Christmas ride to Bara Hospital – 25 November (with presents for the kids!)
- joBerg2cBallito – Holla Trails, KZN – 17 December 2018
- joBerg2cGardenRouteTrailPark – Garden Route Trail Park, Barrington – 05 January 2019
- joBerg2cTheBigRedBarn – The Big Red Barn, PTA – 27 January 2019
- joBerg2cCapeTown – Table Mountain, Cape Town – February 2019 (TBC)
- Bielie Mielie – Reitz, Free State – March 2019 (TBC)
Power hour at Sprocket and Jack
For our riders from Gauteng we will be having a power hour session every Wednesday at Sprocket and Jack on the Spruit from 5pm to 6.30pm throughout the summer – this is will be a way to meet other riders, get some proper tips from Grant Usher and others and to push yourself in a fun way.